Welcome to CYT Portland!
Is this your first session with CYT? Here's a quick timeline-based overview of what to expect (for both students and parents):
1. Classes - Essential training for growth. Your child must register for a class in order to sign up to audition for a show.
2. Shows - Familiarize yourself with the Show Production Manual BEFORE signing up to audition.
3. Auditions - You will be given the opportunity to sign up for an audition slot in your CYT account.
4. Callbacks - A second chance for the directors to see an auditioner if needed.
5. Parent Meetings- If your student is cast, there are two MANDATORY meetings for parents.
6. Show Crew - If your student is not interested in being on the stage but loves theater and wants to be involved, they can sign up to work behind-the-scenes on our crew team.
7. Rehearsals - Friday evening and Saturday morning.
8. Parent Teams - Committees of parents who work on production teams (i.e. costumes, props, etc.)
9. Performances - There are 8 performances including 2 school day shows.
10. Strike - After the show, the quickest clean up session you've ever seen.
11. Cast Party - A time of celebration and awards after strike.
The following information will help assist you in creating your Family Account, Registering for Classes and setting up your Ticket Reseller Account should you participate in a show and sell tickets.